I am working on a invitation design for a wedding anniversary party. The couple has requested that their guests not bring gifts. I searched the internet far and wide to find correct wording for the invite to let guests know that bringing a gift or present is not necessary. Here is the list of text and wording samples that I complied:
- Gift us only with the honor of your presence.
- Your presence is the best gift we can hope to receive.
- Please, no gifts. Your presence is a present to us.
- No presents please, just your presence.
- Please bring only your company and your appetite.
- Your presence at the celebration is enough of a present.
- Your presence is the only present desired.
- Your loving presence in our lives is a gift…we request no other.
- Your presence is the best gift you could give us.
- No presents please, just your loving presence.
- Your good wishes are the only gifts that we wish to receive.
- As appreciated as your gifts may be, they are not needed as you will see.
The presence of our family and friends will do, and make our day special too.
- There is nothing she needs, she has toys galore. The very best present, is you at the door!
Whether it be for a birthday party, wedding, anniversary or any other celebration – if you are requesting that your guests not bring gifts, I hope one of these wording suggestions will work for your invitations.